Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is duplicate remover at app store safe?

I've read for years the clean-up programs are not safe to use, so I haven't. Now that I see that some are at the App Store, though, I wonder if that changes anything? Why would Apple allow dangerous programs in the App Store? It would be a dream come true if I could somehow get rid of acummulated copies from many years on my new iMac.

Thanks!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Oct 17, 2013 9:55 AM

6 replies

Oct 17, 2013 6:28 PM in response to baltwo

I guess your situation is very, very different from mine. I have duplicates galore from needing to use several computers from place to place, from time to time, over the years, long before any cloud existed, other than those in the atmosphere. Files used to have to be copied, burned onto disks, added to a different computer. There they'd be worked on, changed, shared with others, returned, and then have to be returned to the original computer. It was quite the nightmare to try to keep up with and remove all the older versions. 🙂

Of course, I'm 60 years old. Maybe that has something to do with all the accumulation? 30 years of Apple computers and files. It can be a problem. 😉

Oct 18, 2013 6:20 PM in response to Peter Bannon

Hey, youngster! I resemble that remark, but never listen to the Grateful Dead. Tchaikovsky and his mates, along with mainstream jazz, are more to my liking, but only on my exotic stereo system, not some lame dead computer or iOS toy. As for 9.2.2, it allows me to run Claris Draw, the best drawing program I've come across.

Is duplicate remover at app store safe?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.