Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't get my iphone out of restore mode?

Ever since the latest iphone software update, I can't get my phone out of recovery mode, everytime I connect it to itunes, it says it's detected it's in recovery mode and i hav to restore it. I've tried restoring it at least 10 times and still no different, can anyone help?

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 17, 2013 10:39 AM

10 replies

Oct 23, 2013 7:27 PM in response to John Cooke3

For heaven's sake, don't restore if you're in recovery mode and you think you'll lose data, photos, etc. on your phone. There's a simple way to get out of recovery mode without restoring. I was updating to iOS 7.0.3 and accidentally pulled out the charger from my iPhone 4 during the update. The phone then went into recovery mode.

Here's the solution: go online and download RecBoot. It's free and downloads in a few seconds. Once you start it, there are only two buttons: 1) Exit Recovery Mode and 2) Enter Recovery Mode.

Just press the Exit Recovery Mode button and it'll be fixed in a minute or so. The phone then reboots and you're all set.

Nov 28, 2015 5:08 PM in response to Steve MBA

Thanks so much, Steve. I'd had to go back to using the old iphone 4 because the iphone 5 got stuck in recovery mode when I tried to install the latest update. Kept going around in circles failing to complete a restore or an update. This RecBoot program brought me instantly out of recovery mode back to exactly how the phone was before and no way am I going to attempt to update it again.

I can't get my iphone out of restore mode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.