Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Photo

how do i restore my I Photo library? my entire repository of photographs were on an older G5 I Mac, backed up through Time Machine onto a La Cie hard drive. i have a new I Mac with Mountain Lion and the latest version of I Photo. i uploaded everything from the La Cie into I Photo, but the albums and folders were not restored. i see where they are located but i have been unable to initialize. i went so far as to place the folder, which i think is titled albums, into the directory of I Photo, but that had no effect. i have 25,000 photographs and i am hoping i will not have to recreate my filing system. as you can imagine, it is pretty elaborate.

thanks for any assistance.

avi wenger

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8), address book

Posted on Oct 17, 2013 10:52 AM

1 reply

Oct 17, 2013 11:09 AM in response to avifrompittsburgh

I'm not sure what you did - but you do not "upload" from a Time Machine backup - you use Time Machine to restore it - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1427

And again I have no idea what you did

i went so far as to place the folder, which i think is titled albums, into the directory of I Photo, but that had no effect

But it is critical that you NEVER make any changes of any sort to the iPhoto library - doing so will corrput your iPhoto library and cause dataloss - there are NO user servicable parts in the iPhoto library - it must always be handled using iPhoto -ever the finder

LN

I Photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.