Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some iPads cannot access company websites

I have an application server that uses Apache Tomcat connected to Windows 2008R2 IIS7. IIS7 is used for Windows Authentication, after which the user is connected to the application running on Tomcat.

I have an iPad and an iPhone that repeatedly ask for credentials when accessing the application. Other iPads & iPhones can access the application and authenticate with no problems. The same users can log into the application from other devices.

I have cleared all website data and restarted the devices, but they still cannot get past the authentication.

I discovered that I had to use "Private" browsing to access the application. As it turned out, some devices had Private Browsing enabled prior to the iOS 7 upgrade. Once I enabled private browsing in these trouble devices, the problem was solved.

Maybe this will help someone else.

Mike R.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 17, 2013 2:18 PM

There are no replies.

Some iPads cannot access company websites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.