Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 8 Bootcamp Low Brightness Issue?

Hi There

I have had my MacBook for 6 months now. Due to a new course I have taken up, I decided to partition my hard drive using the preinstalled bootcamp application. I used windows 7 home premium that I purchased, everything was fine with it after some tinkering and downloading the software unitility files from my Mac OS X and placing the files in Windows 7 and etc. I then upgraded to windows 8 Pro and since I have done this (it installed perfectly and runs beautifully) my brightness has automatically decreased. When I increase the screen brightness to full it is only half as bright as it was when running Mac OS X or Windows 7. When I turn the brightness down the screen display dims completely a little under half way down the brightness statues bar.

I have tried:

- Adjusting the adnvanced brightness settings on Windows 8 as instructed on WiseGeek or some what website (I believe this did not work as it was a guide for an automatic self adjusting brightness glitch)

- Adjusting a certain brightness level file in the registry editor in Windows 8 that was to do with Nvidia- but the file that they told me to look for I could not locate (maybe this is the issue; I lack this file?)

Any help would be much appreciated; please do not hesitate to ask for any extra information.

Many thanks

creyesweeney

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Oct 17, 2013 3:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2013 9:57 AM

This may do the trick:

http://www.howtogeek.com/107173/

2 replies

Windows 8 Bootcamp Low Brightness Issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.