Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I save photo attachments to iphoto

I cannot get a photo sent to me to iphoto. I've tried dragging, but nothing drags. I've tried going to file\save attachments which seems to work but then the photo is no where to be found (and yes, I knew where I saved it. I even tried saving to desktop. no luck). I've tried using the save drop down in the mail message details. Doesn't work. I'm running OS X 10.8.5 Thanks.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 17, 2013 3:26 PM

18 replies

Oct 17, 2013 7:42 PM in response to Linc Davis

I tried that. I actually found that help link before starting this discussion. As I stated in the original post, dragging doesn't work either. And this suggestion makes no sense. In the right corner of an email dialog box when you click on details, a "save" drop down menu becomes available. But it doesn't work.

I've seen threads about this issue going back to 10.8.3 and people were commenting that a fix was expected with 10.8.5. But it is beginning to look like Apple overlooked a fix on that release. It is disappointing because this is a frequent source (email that is) of pictures from my family.

How do I save photo attachments to iphoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.