Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why doesn't Itunes recognize my iphone, but my computer does?

Help please

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 17, 2013 3:53 PM

25 replies

Jan 30, 2014 2:45 AM in response to Mike0385

Hi Mike,

I have the same problem! I spent an hour on the phone with apple support yesterday and they sent me a document with 7 steps to troubleshoot! None of these steps worked. To which the young man helping me responded with. "Well miss, then there is nothing I can do fo you. Once we receive mre complaints than Apple will fix the bug, so please bare with us and be patient while apple works on this bug."

Mind you, it was all working FINE on Sunday! Monday I updated iTunes and that was it. My computer only recognizes it as a external harddrive.

I too have the same questions that needs solving urgently. I know this does nothing to help you, but maybe if Apple sees that there are in fact more people with this problem that they will get it done!

Jan 30, 2014 6:22 AM in response to Mike0385

Sounds like a bug in the new update. I have the same problem and the steps haven't helped to resolve it. I was able to use system restore to revert back to the previous version of iTunes on Windows 8 but with that version, while it does recognize my devices, when I try to access my 3rd generation iPad in iTunes, iTunes crashes. So, the last version is the lesser of two evils. If you are running Windows, I suggest using System Restore to get back to the old version and deny this update until a newer one is released.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.