Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what does the cloud with a downward arrow mean?

Every morning i have a coloud with a downward arrow by a song. Sometimes it won't even let me play the song. I have synced my ipod touch and ipone to my laptop and songs are synced. But then randomly i can't play the ones that have the cloud with arrow. any suggestions?

iPod touch, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 17, 2013 3:50 PM

17 replies

Oct 17, 2013 3:59 PM in response to JBSaggus

It means the song was previously purchased from the iTunes store and is available for redownload. It won't play because it hasn't yet been downloaded. You can hide this by going to Settings>iTunes & App Store and turning Music off under Show All.

This should only happen with songs that are not stored on your iPod. If you synced music is somehow being deleted from your iPod you might want to post a question over in the iPod Touch forum because this shouldn't be happening.

Oct 17, 2013 5:04 PM in response to randers4

I just tried that and it worked....showing no music in there....so now if i plug in and pull up itunes i want to only put a few playlists on my phone. I tried that last time and it was putting songs on there that wasn't on the playlists i selected. Anything i could be doing wrong or somewhere i should look to see why it is doing tht?

Oct 17, 2013 5:11 PM in response to JBSaggus

If you checked "Sycn only checked songs and videos" on the Summary tab of your iTunes sync settings, you may be syncing checked songs in your library that do not belong to the playlists. If that's the case, unchecking the songs you don't want on your phone prior to syncing should keep them from transferring. But if you're still having problem with syncing music, you might want to post this question over in the iTunes forums. (I use iTunes Match so it's been a while since I've synced music with iTuens.)

what does the cloud with a downward arrow mean?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.