Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

option to enter fingerprint?

I have a 5s with IOS v7.0.2, when setting up my phone I skiped the option to enter my finger prints and entered a pass code. I saw the option for fingerprints in Settings -> General when I first used the phone, but now its gone.

I'd like to use the fingerprint option but all the directions say"Go to Settings -> General -> Passcode & Fingerprint, enter your passcode and tap Fingerprints." But in Settings -> General I only see "Auto-lock, Passcode Lock & Restrictions"...there is no "Passcode & Fingerprint" option.

I have wiped and reloaded my phone but still do not have "Passcode & Fingerprint" option in Settings/General.

Thoughts?? Thanks!

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 17, 2013 6:37 PM

3 replies

Oct 17, 2013 7:35 PM in response to ckuan

Yes, I'm sure its a 5s.

All the directions (including the one you posted the link for) start with "You can set up Touch ID in iOS Setup Assistant or by tapping Settings > General > Passcode & Fingerprint > Fingerprints"

Seeing how the "Passcode & Fingerprint > Fingerprints" option is NOT listed under my Settings->General I have no way of proceeding.

Anyone else seen this or have an idea of what I should do?

Thx.

option to enter fingerprint?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.