Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

restore ipad from iphone backup

I just got an ipad - used but reset to defaults. Is there any way to "restore" it from an iPhone backup? I realize they are different devices, but there are some many apps and settings and email settings etc on the iPhone that I want exactly the same on the iPad.

Thx....Randy

Posted on Oct 18, 2013 5:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2013 5:51 PM

Sure you can restore from the backup of the iPhone with the limitations that you already spoke about.

You cannot restore a newer backup to and older iOS device, so if the phone backup is iOS 7 and the iPad is iOS 6, you will have to update the iPad to iOS 7 before you restore from the backup.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2013 5:51 PM in response to Randy100

Sure you can restore from the backup of the iPhone with the limitations that you already spoke about.

You cannot restore a newer backup to and older iOS device, so if the phone backup is iOS 7 and the iPad is iOS 6, you will have to update the iPad to iOS 7 before you restore from the backup.

restore ipad from iphone backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.