Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard Shortcuts Disappearing iOS7

Hello. I recently updated my iPhone 4 with iOS7 and it's been smooth so far. But I've noticed a small but pesky bug where randomly my keyboard shortcuts will disappear. If I'm texting someone, the shortcut will all of a sudden not work. When I go to the settings and look for them, it shows I no longer have any shortcuts. Turning off and on the phone then brings them back, but I've had to do this repeatedly for a while now. Please help.

Sastre

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 18, 2013 5:55 PM

11 replies

Dec 4, 2013 11:39 AM in response to Jeremías Sastre

Looks like switching languages is not the cause. It seems to be completely random. Tried a technique from another thread where I deleted my shortcuts and did a hard reset. I then added them back in. Unfortunately, the problem still exists. Still disappearing and I have to shut off my phone a turn it back on to get them back.

Jtsastre

Feb 2, 2014 10:26 AM in response to Jeremías Sastre

I've been dealing with all shortcuts having disappeared and also an extremely laggy unresponsive keyboard especially when texting or emailing. None of the fixes proposed worked, even turning off "Documents and Settings". Rebooting, resetting all settings; none of this worked as well. I've concluded that's it's an ios7 bug that likely has to do with the autocorrection feature syncing with the cloud in real-time. Almost as if the cloud is "keyboard-logging" (who would want to log my keyboard strokes? ). Here's what I did to test this: airplane mode! Turn it on before you type and turn it off when you're ready to send. Did it work? Yes and no. My shortcuts returned and my keyboard became significantly faster but still a tiny bit laggy. There's definitely something going on here with the cloud.

Jun 9, 2014 7:36 PM in response to Jeremías Sastre

Wanted to update this problem. I just recently purchased the iPhone 5s and figured this problem might be long gone, however, it is not. As I was customizing my new phone I added my normal shortcuts. Then a day or two later, I tried to use them in text, and it didn't recognize them. I went into "settings", and sure enough no shortcuts listed. I don't get it. Please help.

Jeremías

Keyboard Shortcuts Disappearing iOS7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.