Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I delete a song from iTunes on my MBAir, will it stay in the cloud so I can access it on other devices?

I'm trying to free up space on my MacBook Air hard drive. I am going to create a back-up of iTunes on my MBAir to store on an external hard drive. I then want to delete my iTunes Music off my computer. Since I use iCloud and iMatch, I figured all my songs and playlists will still be there for me to access via my iPhone, iPad, or if I want to access the songs again on my MBAir or a new computer.

I want to be sure that my iTunes library of music and playlists in iCloud and my iPhone will not be affected if I delete my iTunes songs off my MBAir.

Want to be sure that I won't lose anything before I start deleting stuff off my MBAir.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 18, 2013 5:57 PM

1 reply

Oct 18, 2013 6:35 PM in response to Dumbmonkey11

If you physically delete ANY file, you CANNOT acess it from the cloud. Because THERE'S NOTHING TO ACCESS anymore...

If you move your files to the EHD, you need to point your library to the EHD or NONE of the songs will be available anywhere, including the MBA.

EVERYTHING on your iPhone will likely have to be "reacquired" once the move is complete.

If I delete a song from iTunes on my MBAir, will it stay in the cloud so I can access it on other devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.