Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBooks keeps asking for password

Ever since iOS 7, iBooks keeps asking for my iTunes password EVERY time I I open iBooks.

This never happened with earlier versions of iOS.

What's going on and how can I make it stop?

iPad, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Oct 18, 2013 8:12 PM

10 replies

Nov 14, 2013 7:28 AM in response to PatsyKB51

I had a similar problem and finally found that I had to go to the "store" from the iBooks app and download updates to a few of my books. These updates didn't show up when I looked for pending downloads in the iTunes Store.

This is certainly an annoying quirk of OS7. I imagine it's tied into the new auto updates feature for apps and not functioning properly in iBooks. Maybe some day It will get a fix.

Dec 1, 2013 7:17 AM in response to LovesSleep

I don't think it is this, as I don't have any pre-orders but do get prompted for my password each time I launch iBooks on my iPad mini [iOS 7.0.2, iBooks 3.2 (2083)]. Additionally I don't think I have any partial downloads or book updates (not sure where I'd see these, though). There are plenty of books that I've purchased that are in iCloud that aren't downloaded to the device, but surely that can't be the problem, can it? They couldn't possibly want me to have every title I've ever purchased on my device.

I /am/ running 10.9 Mavericks and do have iBooks installed there, for what it's worth, in the event this is a sync-related issue.

iBooks keeps asking for password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.