Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ColorSync Utility issues

I am not sure how to explain this but I will do my best. When I tried to print something in photoshop, I got a message saying the color may come out different and either printer or photoshop color mangagement is reccomened and I ran a verfification through the color Profile first aid and the following came up.

Searching for profiles...

Checking 75 profiles...

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Color/Profiles/AnimePalette.icc

Header message digest (MD5) is not correct.

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Color/Profiles/ColorNegative.icc

Header message digest (MD5) is not correct.

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Color/Profiles/RedBlueYelllow.icc

Tag 'pseq': Required tag is not present.

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Color/Profiles/Smokey.icc

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Color/Profiles/TealMagentaGold.icc

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Color/Profiles/TotalInkPreview.icc

Verify done - found 6 bad profiles.

I am not familiar with these documents. And when I tried to repair them, it said that they are all locked. I do not notice any obvious problems with colors but is this something that I should address? and if so, What has to happen to fix this? Please help.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 18, 2013 7:23 PM

8 replies

Oct 19, 2013 12:41 PM in response to turq99

Check the suggestions in this thread:

ColorSync Utility

I had the same message on my MacBook Pro Retina Mid2012, but after the repair, which left also some "damaged" profiles, I did not recognize any different behavior printing from Photoshop or similar programs.

Somewhere in the forums I read, that Apple changed some things in the color management in 10.8 compared to 10.6, which was the last OS I worked on before switching to 10.8.5 and the new MacBook Pro.

ColorSync Utility issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.