Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

circle with line at start up for no reason

I have a 500gb ssd 15" macbook pro with retina. It is my work computer. I traveled from Philly to San Fran

through TSA pre check. I opened my mac and started it up and it goes to the language screen like it has no OS!!!!!

I repaired, verified, shocked the PRAM, ran the hardware test, tried reinstalling the OS online with internet connectivity, and it tells me to contanct apple care. *** happened!!!

it wasn't dropped or bumped. In fact, my 17" macbook pro was in the same TUMI breifcase and it works just fine.

I am so frustrated. I tried to re install the OS and it will not let me. I tried booting from the USB stick I made....nothing.

I am goin to have to go to the Apple store here in San Fran, but I NEED MY COMPUTER FOR WORK!!!!

this is crazy that for no reason, it takes a **** when I need it the most.

please help

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), parrallels installed on nachine

Posted on Oct 18, 2013 7:40 PM

1 reply

Oct 18, 2013 8:15 PM in response to Blanefromnj

Try starting up your Mac while holding down the Option key. That should prompt the Startup Manager window where you can select the startup disk then click Restart.

Make sure the battery is charged Blane ..

And try a Safe Mode boot ..

Startup your Mac in Safe Mode

A Safe Mode boot takes much longer than a normal boot so be patient.

Once you are in Safe Mode, click Restart from the Apple () menu.

Just in case, there are three SF Apple Stores > Apple Retail Store - Store List

You can make an appointment at a Genius Bar in advance > Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

circle with line at start up for no reason

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.