Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to turn off delivered on imessage for blocked person

Hi All ,

I want to turn off delivered notifications on imessage for blocking person. I blocked one of my contact but he/she is still getting delivered notification when he/she send me a message with using imessage.

Do you know that how we turn it off ? It is available for read notification but not for delivered..

Thanks,

Regards.

Güner

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 19, 2013 3:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2013 3:50 AM

Yes, blocking is working but I need from other side to be realize that he/she was blocked. If possible he/she gets blocked message.

Normally he/she could not understand if blocked or not.

14 replies

Oct 19, 2013 12:36 PM in response to gcelikkaya

gcelikkaya wrote:

Yes, blocking is working but I need from other side to be realize that he/she was blocked. If possible he/she gets blocked message.

Normally he/she could not understand if blocked or not.

I don't think this is a bug. The blocked individual gets no notification of any kind that they are blocked. If they call you, they get your voice mail and, as I understand it, can leave a VM, can send you an SMS or iMessage as normal. You just never get it.

Submit your feedback directly to Apple using the appropriate link on the Feedback page:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Oct 20, 2013 4:52 AM in response to gcelikkaya

gcelikkaya wrote:

Thanks for comment , blocking works but I want that the other side should know this if he/she blocked , cause he/she is continue to send messages and assumes that they are delivered.

That doesn't seem to be the way Apple is doing it. The blocked party receives no notification. I can see a rationale for that: it could cause an escalation in unpleasant behavior. I suppose you could always send them a text telling them that you are blocking them and to stop trying to contact you.

how to turn off delivered on imessage for blocked person

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.