Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please help! Cannot download additional content!

Hi everyone. I'm going crazy trying to add the additional logic x content. I feel i am missing out of loads of cool stuff and when i click on Logic Pro X > Download Additional Content, it simply says...

User uploaded file

I bought Logic from the app store about 2 weeks ago and had no trouble with the download. I THINK i might have selected "Download additional data later" or something like that as was short on time and was leaving a wi fi area.

Anyone with any guidance about what i can do to access the additional content screen will be amazingly helpful.

In case anyone asks - YES my internet connection is working perfectly fine so unsure why it says the content server is unreachable 😟

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 19, 2013 4:44 AM

5 replies

Oct 19, 2013 7:30 AM in response to tombpercussion

Do you have Little Snitch installed (or something like it)?

That specific message means exactly what it says.. Logic Pro X's additional download routines could not contact the download Server..... so typically that will be either.. an issue with the connetion being blocked by a firewall type program or a routing issue between your network and the content servers...

Also, What is your location? (Country will do..)

Oct 19, 2013 7:55 AM in response to tombpercussion

Are you using BT as your ISP? BT has been having issues recently with routing to certain servers.... hence my question.

A prior LE9 installation shouldn't be an issue....

You can trace route to the content server (Using the network utility found in your applications folder/other or utilities) but only if you know the address of the content server in the UK.. which unfortunately I don't know....

Finally Little Snitch is a firewall program designed to allow the user to prevent connections to certain internet addresses.... Certain other programs can have the same effect including OS X's built in firewall (Make sure that is turned off) You can find the firewall setting via System Preferences/Security and Privacy and then click on the firewall tab...

Also check you do not have any so called 'anti virus' apps running......

Oct 19, 2013 8:09 AM in response to tombpercussion

Yes, I would agree.. a trip to your nearest Apple Store would seem to be the best option... If nothing else, if there is an issue with your ISP then hopefully they will be using a different one and will be able to complete the download operation for you....

One last thing... to try...

Make sure LPX isn't running..

Start the App Store app

Go to the Store menu otion...

Sign out

Sign in again using your Apple ID and password

Now launch LPX again and try once more...

If that doesn't work.. try doing the same in the iTunes app....

Sometimes if you haven't agreed to the latest "term and conditions" that too, can block access to certain servers.... and so signing out of both the App Store and iTunes can force a new "Terms and Conditions" to be sent to you for you to agree to....

Please help! Cannot download additional content!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.