Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Block anonymous calls iOS7

Can I block anonnymous calls ?

Thanks

Posted on Oct 19, 2013 3:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2013 4:01 AM

Sorry, no.

6 replies

Jul 20, 2014 12:51 PM in response to wjosten

This is something the Apple crew needs to address, since carriers just shrug and collect the fees for every call, spam or not. Since the phone shows that the call has a blocked sender ID, there needs to be a way to assign that category to a directory entry that can be given the silent treatment with a blank ringtone. I already do that for identifiable spammers.

Jul 20, 2014 2:14 PM in response to EarlyAdopters

Many carriers offer TRUE call blocking in their network. Once the call reaches the phone it is too late to block it; the best any phone can do is ignore it, which is NOT the same thing.

Rejecting all calls that have blocked sender ID may be overkill, as there are many legitimate reasons to block sending caller ID. For example, you call your doctor outside of regular hours, and she calls you back from her home phone, but doesn't want her home phone to become public.

Jul 20, 2014 2:32 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

AT&T says: "We're sorry, but at this time Smart Limits service cannot be used to block inbound calls and messages received from anonymous or unknown callers."

What we need is a workaround in iOS that allows such calls, when received, to be routed to a non-ringtone so they can be properly ignored. If an anonymous or blocked number has a real reason to get in touch with me, they can leave an appropriate voicemail with a callback number. No legitimate calls would be lost, since there is no way to respond to a totally anonymous caller because they are, y'know, anonymous.

Apple, we know you monitor the discussions. How about it?

Block anonymous calls iOS7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.