Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my icloud will not back up

I just received a 5s hoping my icloud would work becuase it wasn't working on my 5 either....Well it still doesn't work...Not backing up...I have tried restoring...Removing apps from the phone...not doing photos...etc...so lost...any help would be great?? Although my Ipad mini backs up to icloud....Not sure that it's my network either....

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 19, 2013 5:51 AM

19 replies

Oct 19, 2013 6:44 AM in response to tracylyn72

Your backup is probably full. What message are you receiving to make you think it's not working? Apple provides 5 GB of storage for free for all iCloud users. My guess is your backup space is full and you keep receiving a message iCloud cannot be backup up?

You can go to settings>iCloud>Storage and Backup>Manage Storage to see what you have backed up in the cloud.

I need more information.

Oct 19, 2013 7:52 AM in response to tracylyn72

I'm trying to help but you're not answering my questions.

What do u see from settings/ icloud /storage and backup ?

If u scroll to the bottom what's it say. It should give your last backup date and the option to backup now?

What do u see?

Then if u tap storage and backup and manage storage it will list what backups icloud sees?

Answer these ?s and I will help you.

Oct 19, 2013 9:31 AM in response to tracylyn72

Ok so now were getting somewhere. When you tap 'this iphone' it states the backup is incomplete. Which means when you were attempting to create a backup there was some type of interruption and it didn't complete. Therefore it's useless and only taking up space. You need to delete this incomplete backup titled 'this iphone'.

After tapping on backup "this iphone" you should be able to scroll to the bottom and tap 'delete backup'

This will remove that backup allowing you to backup the current content on your iphone to the cloud.

You need to be connected to wifi near your router to create a backup. I also recommend you connect your iphone to a power outlet when creating the backup. You can start a backup from settings>iCloud>Storage and Backup>Back Up Now

It might take a while to backup. Just let it sit and make sure your wifi signal is good.

Let me know how that goes and good luck!

my icloud will not back up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.