Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when i connect a HP P1102w printer i get the message The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer." The printer had preciously been used with a Windows 7 Laptop.

When I cannoect a HP P1102w printer into my USB port I get the following message: "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer." The printer had previously been configured for Windows 7, how do I reconfigure if it is not recognized?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Oct 19, 2013 8:24 AM

3 replies

Oct 19, 2013 8:39 AM in response to Gadabout187

The disc you inserted is probably for Windows and not OS X. You don't need the disc as Apple, Mac, OS X includes all the drivers for printer that work with your version of OS X.

If it is an Older printer your version of OS X might not have drivers for it and in that case you can check the HP website to see if they have OS X drivers or you'll need to buy a new printer.

Got to System Preferences, Print & Scan and Add Printer.

when i connect a HP P1102w printer i get the message The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer." The printer had preciously been used with a Windows 7 Laptop.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.