Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Retina sleep while in case

Hello, i would like to ask about carrying my MacBook Pro outside while it's sleeps. Is it ok to put this into a case?

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 19, 2013 9:13 AM

2 replies

Oct 19, 2013 9:16 AM in response to Aviramyosef

If the computer might get jostled while traveling then you would be wise to shut it off. Under some circumstances the computer might get awakened despite being asleep with the lid closed. If left in a bag under that state for a period of time it will become extremely hot.

In my opinion it's better to turn off the computer unless the "trip" is walking around the house.

Jun 11, 2014 10:51 AM in response to Kappy

Well i've the same MP retina 13 inch.. but my question is.. how come the MP be awakened when the MP in a sleep mode? is that because of shakes? is that really ok for the MP turning into sleep mode when im trafeling?

It's a bit waste of time to make my mac totally off, so I would prefer my Mac to be in the sleep mode.

and i just bought my mac like two days ago so I'm afraid my Mac will be ruined if I do the wrong thing so

Please give me the best answer of yours

Thank you very much

MacBook Pro Retina sleep while in case

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.