Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't see the title page when I preview my in process book on my iPad

I have created my book and loaded in for preview on my iPad. Why don't I see the title page of the book. The first page I see is the Preface.

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Oct 19, 2013 12:23 PM

3 replies

Oct 19, 2013 2:55 PM in response to jimf2338

Delete all older versions off you iPad, then use iBooks Author's Share/Export menu to output an .ibooks file.

Drag that to iTunes on your computer, then sync to your iPad and test there.

Remember that iBooks on iPad will always open your book to the last page you were viewing unless that means you've navigated to the start page or followed the above process.

Oct 21, 2013 2:15 PM in response to K T

I did delete the older version and created the ibooks file on my desk top. Embarassingly I seem not to be able to import it into my Itunes application. So, I followed the ibooks prescribed process of generating the preview version in IBA and then linking to the Ipad directly. Again all is well except the title page is not displayed once the file is opened thought it is visible on the book shelf.

Oct 21, 2013 3:38 PM in response to jimf2338

If you open your iTunes, select books from the top left products menu - then drag your iBooks file - not the iBA file - and it should appear on the shelf.

An alternative is to select open File > Add to library> locate and select the iBooks file.

Normal opening process after selecting - the cover shows and the book loads, then it opens the intro page and manual navigation from there.

Previewing from iBA to iPad tends to open the last page viewed/open in iBA. Apple designed the iPad cache to remember your last viewed page and sometimes I found just turning the iPad off and re-starting reverts books back to normal starting!

I use Dropbox... but there are other Cloud storage apps available. I find it easier to to export the iBooks file and drop it into my Dropbox folder.... in moments it is available on the iPad with an option to open it in various apps depending on what you have installed.... I select iBooks and its done with!

I tried the advice from KT to drag and drop ( thanks) and it works fine.

I don't see the title page when I preview my in process book on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.