Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 4s can't turn off

Hi

Ok I'll describe the whole situation: the phone won't turn off, just simply reboot. Also, usage and standby time are almost the same (maybe 30 minutes difference) even if I don't touch the phone.

I've tried everything: dfu mode, completely discharging the battery, set as new phone...

Some people say it is because the SIM card, but I've tried T-mobile, GiffGaff and no sim card and the problem is still there.

I can turn off the phone if it is plugged to the computer, but the moment I unplug it, it turns on.

Some people say that is a hardware problem (probably the dock), but the phone is out of warranty, so if anybody has any idea what could the problem be... I don't want to spend £40 in a new dock connector.

Cheers!

PS: Excuse my English, it is not my mother tongue 😝

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 19, 2013 11:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 1:10 AM

Well, it's fixed! For those who have this problem, yes, it's caused by the dock. But if you're lucky like me, cleaning it pretty well and then using contact cleaner (or in my case, surgical spirit) should do the trick.

1 reply

Iphone 4s can't turn off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.