Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod not connecting to internet

i have tried everything to get my ipod to connect to my wifi at home. it used to work and now doesn't connect at all. it has found my router's name but the 3bars at the top of the ipod signalling wifi strength does not appear, even though i am sitting beside the router. safari does not open.

i have reset the network settings, powered on/off ipod and router, i've been to the apple store and seen someone at the genius bar and we confirmed that it was not a hardware problem. ipod's software is up to date. i have also reset my router settings to allow for more devices and it does not have a problem connecting my iphone. my other ipod or my laptops to the internet. did anyone else out there experience this problem? how did you fix this? any suggestions would help! help!

iPod touch (4th generation)

Posted on Oct 19, 2013 12:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2013 1:14 PM

Does the iOS device connect to other networks? Did it connect to Apple's network at the Apple store?

Does the iOS device see the network?

Any error messages?

Do other devices now connect?

Did the iOS device connect before?

Try the following to rule out a software problem:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Power off and then back on the router

- Reset network settings: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings

- iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

Try using no security on the router as a test

- Wi-Fi: Unable to connect to an 802.11n Wi-Fi network

- iOS: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2013 1:14 PM in response to yellowjujube

Does the iOS device connect to other networks? Did it connect to Apple's network at the Apple store?

Does the iOS device see the network?

Any error messages?

Do other devices now connect?

Did the iOS device connect before?

Try the following to rule out a software problem:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Power off and then back on the router

- Reset network settings: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings

- iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

Try using no security on the router as a test

- Wi-Fi: Unable to connect to an 802.11n Wi-Fi network

- iOS: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Oct 26, 2013 9:54 AM in response to lllaass

yes the ipod connects to the apple store wifi and i checked at another shop as well.

i have reset the ipod already twice, resetted the network settings already.

in the wifi menu my network name does appear but the timer (circle of death) keeps spinning and never stops.

i have tried to go into the router settings, gave it a unique name and deleted the device to start over again. i followed the settings for the wifi routers tips and that didn't help either.

my iphone and other ipod have no problems adjusting to any of these changes and are still connecting to my home wifi.

help!

any one else experiencing this??

ipod not connecting to internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.