Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I import music from my CDs, Mountain Lion, iTunes, Mac Mini

There must be a way, I'm now having to copy the entire CD to my desktop, then figure out a way to access it later. Anyone? I didn't buy all these to have so much trouble.

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Samsung Display

Posted on Oct 19, 2013 12:44 PM

5 replies

Oct 19, 2013 6:28 PM in response to Eric Root

I am stuck running iTunes 11, which could be the problem. Nope, I have tried all the supposedly simple ways, iTunes won't let me rip CDs, I hit on the workaround by long trial & error. When the disc mounts on my screen, I go to it, click on it, click file/duplicate, after awhile, it finishes copying, I click twice to make sure it's there, then go back, click on the original disc, click file/eject. I can't seem to move the copied files off my desktop. Getting messy. The dratted new system insists on validating me every time, I couldn't find my list of passwords for a few months. I finally located that today. At least, I can move the copies into one folder now. I think Apple doesn't want to get sued by musicians/promoters, but dang it, this is my only CD player! I want to save my music IN it so I don't have to keep the big pile of CDs at my desk. I also wanted to save all my music library to my ext harddrive, but every time I try to move the stuff to it, I get "you can't copy Seagate " i'm not bloddy trying to copy Seagate, I'm trying to put stuff into it.

Oh, well, at least, I can choose to listen to the copied things on my desktop right now.

Oct 19, 2013 7:20 PM in response to LINDA CATE

There is something wrong with your system. When you say it makes you authenticate all the time, is that when you are copying and moving things within your home folder.

If so, start up in Recovery by holding down cmd-r on startup.

When that loads, go to the Utilities menu and select Terminal

type, resetpassword and hit return.

That should start the Password Reset Utility, but you won't be changing your password.

Select your startup hard drive (usuall Macintosh HD)

Then, select your user account.

Then click the button to Reset Home folder permissions and ACLs.

Once complete, restart normally and see if you can move and copy without problems.

How do I import music from my CDs, Mountain Lion, iTunes, Mac Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.