Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Something has gone wrong with my imovie

I have used imovie HD for several years and have mademany movies composed of stills and Slick transitions. I started my most recent proect and everything went well for a while, but as I am nearing the end (about 2 minutes to go on a 15 min. project), imovie is going nuts! Every clip i import has the Ken Burns effect and changing the setting in Medis does not work. I have struggled and managed to get 2 photos to stay still, but as soon as I apply a transition, the Ken Burns effect starts in again. It is almost as if there is a "memory" burned into my computer which is not allowwiing me change anything.

I am on a MacBook Pro (the most recent one that wll still let me use Snow Leopard). I am using iMovie HD (6.0.3). I am using some transitions that came with iMovie and some from Three Gee specifically for imovie HD. I have tried deleting cache, deleting clips and replacing them (although soetimes the new clips come in as .mov rather than images). I just do not know what else to do.

I completed a movie abour 4 months ago with this exact set up and had no major problems. I'm wondering if one of Apple's mysterious Security Updates has changed something. I am really frantic to get this finished. Any help would be appreciated.

Sass

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 19, 2013 2:26 PM

2 replies

Oct 19, 2013 3:37 PM in response to Sass

First save your project, then cloise iMovie. This will not affect your project, but it will delete your preference settings, which you should re-enter after:

deleting iMovie preference file in Library/Preferences/com.apple.iMovie.plist

Restart your Mac, and open the project in iMovie. It should now behave normally.

Oct 23, 2013 5:33 PM in response to Klaus1

Didn't work. 😟 But thank you for the suggestion.

I managed to get the video finished by clearing the clips whose Ken Burns effect I wan't to stop or change. I had to clear the lead-in and lead-out transitions. Then I had to clear the trash and save, restart iMovie, replace the images with a new copy. At this point, I was able to play with the Ken Burns effect -- often keeping it, but having the zoom go from 1.0 to 1.0. Then I was able to reappy the transitions. It took an extremely large amount of time. If I ween't so fond of the Three Gee effects, I would relegate iMovie (and maybe my Mac) to the trash, too.

Sass

Something has gone wrong with my imovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.