Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

status bar

I have iTunes 11.1.1 and I have a visible status bar, probably because of the preference file from previous version. A friend also has version 11.1.1 but no status bar. Anybody know of a way to enable it? I tried the old keyboard shortcut on mine, thinking it may toggle it and I tried holding down the option and/or command keys, thinking it was a hidden option but it didn't show up in the View menu.

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), H/W RAID 6, 12GB RAM, 8core 2.66GHz

Posted on Oct 19, 2013 2:16 PM

3 replies

Oct 19, 2013 10:09 PM in response to Timbuktu

While I appreciate the help, this menu is not present on my Mac. I downloaded another copy and installed it and same results. That menu item is not there and the keyboard shortcut does not work. Running Mac OS X 10.6.8. A friend running 10.8.5 has the same problem, missing menu item except he does not have a status bar and could use one. Mac OS X 10.6.8 should be supported according to the download page. I called Apple and they were no help. Maybe a conflicting add-on or a bad .plist. I will try Mountain Lion and Mavericks GM.

Oct 20, 2013 7:55 AM in response to Bradley Dichter

I haven't heard about this iTunes/OS bug, so I searched this forum and other places and it seems that this is a bug in iTunes 11 and Snow Leopard (and also in Win XP) that hasn't been fixed yet. The Status Bar is either on or off, and there are no controls in 10.6.8 to change it. But I have not found anyone having this issue in Mountain Lion, using the View Menu or the shortcut seems to work in 10.8.5.

status bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.