Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Pro 10.6.8 prompted me of a new itunes update this morning, so i downloaded it. Since then itunes has been starting up randomly on its own, and starts playing the first song on the list. I quit itunes, and it keeps reopening.

My MacBook Pro 10.6.8 prompted me of a new itunes update this morning, so i downloaded it. Since then itunes has been starting up randomly on its own, and starts playing the first song on the list. I pause the song, and it resumes it on its own again. I'm not joking. So, I end up quiting out of itunes; but, it starts right back up again on its own. After quiting out of the app a few times, it eventually stops reopening; however, about an hour later (or less) it opens again. HOW DO I MAKE IT STOP? I'm just about to delete itunes, because I've had enough of this crap. I hope someone can help. I've restarted the laptop, and it seemed like that fixed it, then itunes started up doing the same thing again an hour later. ituneshelper is unchecked; bluetooth is off; i only have speakers and a mouse plugged in (also charger).

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Oct 19, 2013 2:37 PM

1 reply

My MacBook Pro 10.6.8 prompted me of a new itunes update this morning, so i downloaded it. Since then itunes has been starting up randomly on its own, and starts playing the first song on the list. I quit itunes, and it keeps reopening.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.