Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mailbox : Over Quota

Hi

I've recently noticed that i'm not receiving any emails to my @mac.com address...

When i send a message from another mail account i received the following message :

To: Stuart Furniss @mac.com
Subject: RE: test

Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients:

Recipient address: @mac.com
Reason: Over quota

I've removed all the emails from my inbox in Mail to a folder under "On my Mac" but still receive this error message when i send an email from one of my other mail accounts..

Any idea what is going on and how i resolve it ??

<Email Edited by Host>

iMac (27-inch Late 2009), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 19, 2013 2:51 PM

4 replies

Oct 14, 2017 5:16 AM in response to Stuart Furniss1

Resolved:

What Apple doesn't tell you that if the icloud space is filled up (5GB or near about), it will stop accepting any more emails to the icloud account. I was on IM with them today and they couldn't figure out why that might be so they send me to an expert to call me. He also didn't help much but while talking to him and looking at the message I realised that this is what apple says : "Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support"

(

Mail

You can free up iCloud storage space when you delete email messages from your iCloud email account. You can also move email messages from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or PC, where they no longer count against your iCloud storage.

Use the steps below to delete messages from your account. Remember that messages with large attachments take up more space than simple text emails.)

Once I deleted a few folders (mainly job ads etc), it started working again and after that I am not seeing any " Over Quota"

Hope this helps in your case too.

Mailbox : Over Quota

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.