Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happened to my screen? PLEASE HELP!!!*****

So i dropped my iphone 5 and cracked the screen. Ive been looking for a replacement and there are concerns i have. The screen is cracked but the touch portion and images are just fine. There is no alter to the LCD display or anything out of the ordinary. The only thing wrong is that the screen is cracked. Does this mean that all i need to purchase is the front LCD glass? The other thing i was looking at was the LCD screen along with the digitizer. But since the LCD and touch portion works perfectly, doesnt that mean i only need the front glass portion? Please reply if you know what i need!! Thank you so much!

😁😁😎

iPhone 5

Posted on Oct 19, 2013 3:49 PM

3 replies

Oct 19, 2013 4:01 PM in response to jmcgreevy1

Apple does not sell parts. Anything you purchase to "repair" your screen will be at best salvaged materials, and at worst counterfeit. In addition, repairing the screen by anyone other than Apple not only voids your warranty, but you will be uneligible for any out of warranty support on that phone as well.

Some Apple stores in the US can replace the iPhone 5 screen for $149. If your local one does not, or the damage is more extensive, out of warranty replacement for the iPhone 5 is $269

What happened to my screen? PLEASE HELP!!!*****

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.