Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

syncing play counts between two computers

Is it possible to sync play counts (and other settings such as favorites, playlists, backups, etc) between two computers?

I purchased a new computer for school, but I am interested in continuing to use my old one as well. The old one is where my info is accumulated of course, but I would like to add my counts, playlists, ratings etc. from my old computer onto the new one, and hopefully sync them between each other as well.

As unnecessary as this sounds, I am wondering if it is possible and how it can be achieved. Any help and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

Posted on Oct 19, 2013 5:58 PM

1 reply

Oct 19, 2013 7:23 PM in response to Laboss0

iOS devices sync to one computer.

It is not possible (at least not easily) to sync to multiple computers.

What you can do is copy the ENTIRE iTunes folder from the existing computer to the new computer. Then everything in iTunes on the new computer will be exactly as it was on the old computer.

There is no syncing, at least not within iTunes.

Other programs do exists that will allow you to sync specific folders between multiple computers.

syncing play counts between two computers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.