Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie editing question --rotating the frame

I recorded some footage on my iPhone. I can play it fine and all. But, 40 seconds or so into the recording I *rotated my iPhone* clockwise, to include more horizontal than vertical.

Of course playback now has a goot portion of the action *sideways*.

Two factor question: I'm looking to use iMove to rotate that portion so it's all correct. I've found some links to how to do JUST that.

OK: it took me a second and a half to actually rotate the camera. Is there a way to make iMovie rotate the frame such that the rotation takes that long? --i'm imagining how this would look is the object(s) in the frame is (are) *stationary*, but it would appear that only the FRAME rotated??
Gad. I'm having trouble even describing the action I seek. I don't have the WORDS.
Anybody have any idea what I'm asking, be able to help me phrase it, and then in a perfect world, tell me how to DO it, or direct me somewhere that might?

*LOL*.

thanks MUCH in advance,

Eric Lecht

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.5), Nice n' Shiny

Posted on Oct 19, 2013 6:58 PM

3 replies

Oct 19, 2013 11:44 PM in response to Eric Lecht

Eric Lecht wrote:

… I am awed somebodt grokked the concept enough to reply. …

I guess, it was the Norwegian band A-ha, which made in the late 80ies? last cent. a video based upon this concept:

The video filled just part of the frame (it was portrait, if I remember correctly); the camera was shaky, mounted on a driving car, driving cross country (sort of?); the singer 'starred' into the cam - and they 'fixed'his position (=eyes) to some givin' postion; so, the whole time, the 'frame' of the pic was rotating and moving and up and down and jumping - but the singer 'stood still' ...

epic!

can not find on YouTube - indeed, hard to describe! 😁

Glad, I could help you…

iMovie editing question --rotating the frame

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.