Skip navigation

Importing images but project doesn't get created

194 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 19, 2013 11:55 PM by léonie RSS
G. Ewald Level 1 Level 1 (145 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 19, 2013 8:18 PM

I created a new library for a big assignment. Imported images from the first cf card. Last import showed all 281 images, but Photos was empty and the project I created didn't get generated. Checked the location I specified the photos to be save to and they were there. Quit aperture and only one photo appeared. Importing them again and it isn't creating the project again, but all the images appear to be in aperture this time (with the master images referenced). The activity log says it is adding them to the project I told it to create, but it isn't appearing in the list of projects.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4), 2.4 gHz model
  • Frank Caggiano Level 7 Level 7 (22,820 points)
    Oct 19, 2013 8:25 PM (in response to G. Ewald)

If you are not seeing the project in the Library tab of the Inspector make sure you are not filtering it out here:

Screen Shot 2013-10-19 at 23.20.49 .png

You should also look in the Projects view to see if you see it there.

How did you import the images? If you did it any other way then through the Import pane then the settings in the Import pane do not apply.

• léonie Level 8 Level 8 (46,510 points)
    Oct 19, 2013 11:55 PM (in response to G. Ewald)

Where are you looking for the project? You are importing "referenced", right? DO I understand you correctly - the Finder and the Photos view are showing your project, but it is not listed in the projects list?

• Are your images by any chance in the Trash? Have you checked there?
    • Do you have your "Projects" hidden? You will see no projects at all, if you collaps the Projects list in the library by pressing the hidden "Show/Hide" button to the right of the caption "Projects". Nearly all parts of the Library Inspector panel can be completely hidden this way - Albums, Projects, Recents, Web.

The "Show/Hide" controls will appear, when you hover the mouse over the hidden controls.

Screen Shot 2013-10-20 at 08.46.03.PNG

Reimported from the hard drive and it didn't create the project again, though the images now appear under Photos. Still no project. Second import and it didn't create a project. Tried to create a project and it didn't work.

Are the projects also missing from the "Projects" view in the upper part of the library inspector, or only from the projects list?

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.