Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing images but project doesn't get created

I created a new library for a big assignment. Imported images from the first cf card. Last import showed all 281 images, but Photos was empty and the project I created didn't get generated. Checked the location I specified the photos to be save to and they were there. Quit aperture and only one photo appeared. Importing them again and it isn't creating the project again, but all the images appear to be in aperture this time (with the master images referenced). The activity log says it is adding them to the project I told it to create, but it isn't appearing in the list of projects.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4), 2.4 gHz model

Posted on Oct 19, 2013 8:18 PM

3 replies

Oct 19, 2013 11:55 PM in response to G. Ewald

Where are you looking for the project? You are importing "referenced", right? DO I understand you correctly - the Finder and the Photos view are showing your project, but it is not listed in the projects list?

• Are your images by any chance in the Trash? Have you checked there?
  • Do you have your "Projects" hidden? You will see no projects at all, if you collaps the Projects list in the library by pressing the hidden "Show/Hide" button to the right of the caption "Projects". Nearly all parts of the Library Inspector panel can be completely hidden this way - Albums, Projects, Recents, Web.

The "Show/Hide" controls will appear, when you hover the mouse over the hidden controls.

User uploaded file

Reimported from the hard drive and it didn't create the project again, though the images now appear under Photos. Still no project. Second import and it didn't create a project. Tried to create a project and it didn't work.

Are the projects also missing from the "Projects" view in the upper part of the library inspector, or only from the projects list?

Importing images but project doesn't get created

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.