Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Strange Color Saturation (Ipod 5 w/ Cloud update)

Recently upgraded to an Ipod 5

Used iCloud to swap all my data over to my new device.

All of my pictures and older apps have a weird oversaturated look to them. All of my pictures from icloud especially (which is what annoys me the most right now) are extremely saturated with color.

Is there any way to fix this? Is it an issue with the new Devie or the way the files or uploaded and stored on the cloud service that screws them up this badly?

EDIT: Playing around with it right now to test other things out (Just got it not to long ago) and it seems to be an actual issue with the device itself, and not the files. Even my webpages are oversaturated (mostly in yellows)

iPod touch

Posted on Oct 19, 2013 10:23 PM

5 replies

Oct 19, 2013 10:43 PM in response to Randy16000

OK....

Looks like this is a hardware issue

apparantly its supposed to be a feature.

I for one, cannot stand this oversaturated look on the new display. Futrhermore since I sometimes use this to showcase designs, I really don't want this "feature" as it improperly displays my material. If anyone knows of a way to disable or turn down the color saturation on the new displays I would be very grateful.

also, its straining my eyes A TON.

If theres no way to fix this issue, I'm going to be returning this Ipod 5 and buying a new 4. I can't deal with this display for my own pleasure as well as work.

Oct 20, 2013 3:08 AM in response to Randy16000

If you take a new photo do you have the same problem?

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Oct 20, 2013 8:17 PM in response to Randy16000

Bumping this becasue I kinda need to know for sure. Confirmed information, On whether or not this is a hardware issue, or a hardware change in the 5th gen.

I'm seeing a lot of articles about this being a "Hardware Change". The new displays apparently are made to have a Warmer color palette with more color saturation and brightness?

I just want to know for sure so I know how to continue with dealing with this.

Strange Color Saturation (Ipod 5 w/ Cloud update)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.