Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

drag Safari url to desktop displays Parallels Internet Explorer icon

I am in Safari on Macbook Pro. My default browser is set to Safari. When I drag an url to the desktop, it displays the parallels internet explorer icon. If I click on the icon, it opens up in Safari.

I tried changing the default app for the file, but it only fixes individual files.

How do I get Mac to display proper icons for urls dragged to desktop?

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 19, 2013 10:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2013 10:10 PM

Try showing the info for the file. Then select the icon in the top left of the info window. Once it's highlighted in blue press ' x ' on your keyboard.

2 replies

Oct 19, 2013 11:18 PM in response to Matthew McAlister

Hi Matthew, you got me to the right area.I tried showing the file info and then selecting icon, and pressing x. I just got a clunk.

I then did a little more googling, and saw that there is an option in teh "get info", to select the default program to open the app, with an option to "Apply to All". I tried this and it seemed to fix the problem. Thanks for getting me to the right area.

Cheers.

drag Safari url to desktop displays Parallels Internet Explorer icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.