Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the iTunes COM for Windows SDK moved to now?

I've been looking for the SDK for the Windows environment for iTunes. I can't find it. It's not even searchable in the ADC....

Any help locating this would be appreciated.

iTunes 11-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Oct 19, 2013 11:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2013 4:20 AM

https://developer.apple.com/downloads

Search for iTunes COM, it will be the one result.

tt2

12 replies

Mar 29, 2015 4:23 AM in response to klaatubob

It isn't compatible with Chrome either. I just tried the search in Chrome on Windows and got a long list of unrelated results, none being the one I searched for. Before giving up on this info as outdated (now being around 2 years later), I tried in Safari on my iPad and voila, there it was; just the one search result. So I had to save the ZIP to Dropbox so I could get it on my Windows box but at least I have it a new version (my last was from 2004), which hopefully shows some way of working with podcast subscriptions.

Mar 29, 2015 5:18 AM in response to turingtest2

Perhaps a Chrome plugin causing the problem. Anyway, I have the latest documentation now, but it dates back to 2009 and there doesn't seem to be anything to work with podcast subscriptions. So not much help with what I'm hoping to fix (the "iTunes has stopped updating this podcast because you have not listened to any episodes recently. Would you like to resume updating this podcast?" problem). I was hoping for a way to script the re-enabling of updates for all podcasts.

May 17, 2016 4:07 AM in response to turingtest2

It would seem that it has been pulled.

Yep. Seems so.

Hasn't been updated in years. I guess it's gone the way of Apple QuickTime for Windows. That's a pity. Having a nice API makes iTunes much more useful. http://dougscripts.com/itunes/index.php clearly shows, that there is a need/market for this on OS X. I assume this is also valid for Windows.

I just wish, Apple communicated these things explicitly. Would make my life a lot easier.

-hendrik

Where is the iTunes COM for Windows SDK moved to now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.