Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CTRL + Click Interfering With Games

Some of the features on my new Mac Mini have been frustrating me. When playing games I've noticed the mouse buttons seem sticky, like the game is getting the left and right clicks confused. After some research I found out if you're pressing the control key on a mac at the same time you left click, it registers as a right click. This completely obliterates the possibility for using the mac for gaming.

I did find out that I can disable the control-click in the keyboard settings by switching the "control modifier" to "no action", but this results in the control key doing nothing at all - even inside the game.

I don't think I'll get very far if I can't walk and shoot at the same time. There must be some way around this. Are there any mac gamers out there who know how to disable ctrl-click without turning off the ctrl key completely?

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 20, 2013 12:02 AM

There are no replies.

CTRL + Click Interfering With Games

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.