Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad mini iOS7 twitter annoying notifications

How do I turn off the annoying twitter notifications that notify me when other people follow other people? This is really annoying and I do not see why I need to be notified with this information. I tried emailing Twitter and no response....

iPad, iOS 7.0.2, iPad Mini

Posted on Oct 20, 2013 6:27 AM

18 replies

Oct 22, 2013 4:34 AM in response to Apfelwurm

You do need to set up the notifications on each device....so if I have a twitter app on both my iPad and iPod, I have to turn things on or off on each of them because I can have different settings on each.

If you want more control you may want to consider not using the integration and using a stand alone app. Either the official twitter one, or I use tweetlogix. Stand alone apps will often give you more control than integration.

Apr 5, 2014 2:28 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

I'm going to post here instead of making another thread for the same issue. There is NO option with in Twitter to disable push notifications any more. I would think that should be a violation of the App Store Rules. The only option you have is to set your Twitter Timeline to only notify you when you are mentioned. But there is no option of any kind to stop push notifications.

I am sick and tired of my phone going off because some person I follow followed so other random person or they posted something that is not to me or even mentions me. There is also no setting with in the iPhone settings to disable this either. I have all push notifications disabled for all apps, I do not want any app conecting to the internet and pushing updates to my phone unless I am actively in the app using it.

But Twitter does not allow this and forces you to suffer through every stupid thing that someone else does.

Apr 5, 2014 9:42 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

No, you are missing the point. Your option also disables me from getting notifications from with in Twitter, but all I want and what I should be able to do is to stop the Twitter app from staying connected to the internet 24/7 and sending push notifications to my phone. So, unless you actually know how to do that, do waste time responding.

Also, I just checked the settings from with in a browser, and I can only change my e-mail notification preferences. There is NO option related to push notifications, just like there is no option for that from with in the app either.

Apr 6, 2014 8:15 AM in response to jmaster299

jmaster299 wrote:

No, you are missing the point. Your option also disables me from getting notifications from with in Twitter, but all I want and what I should be able to do is to stop the Twitter app from staying connected to the internet 24/7 and sending push notifications to my phone.

The Twitter app doesn't stay connected to the internet 24/7 to send the push notifications. Notifications are pushed to the phone as required.

If you want more control over notifications than the Twitter app provides, try another app. Tweetbot has very nice control over notifications.

If you don't actually want help but want to make a complaint about the way the Twitter app works, you should lodge that with Twitter. If you don't like the the way your iPhone is designed, submit your feedback directly to Apple using the appropriate link on the Feedback page:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Apr 6, 2014 7:52 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

"The Twitter app doesn't stay connected to the internet 24/7 to send the push notifications. Notifications are pushed to the phone as required.

Yes it does because I keep getting stupid push notifications to my phon 24 hours a day.

"If you want more control over notifications than the Twitter app provides, try another app. Tweetbot has very nice control over notifications."

That should be in no way required as any app sold on the app store is required to allow me to disable push notifications. Mean the Twitter app has some way to disable them, but it's hidden some place as to not make it easy.

"If you don't actually want help but want to make a complaint about the way the Twitter app works, you should lodge that with Twitter. If you don't like the the way your iPhone is designed, submit your feedback directly to Apple using the appropriate link on the Feedback page:"

I do want help

<Edited by Host>

May 12, 2014 6:19 AM in response to jmaster299

jmaster299 wrote:

Yes, we've done that but still get the stupid push notifications. Now get lost and stop posting nonsense that doesn't help.

Being rude will not get you the help you keep demanding. pjl123 is volunteering their time to try to help you. If you don't like the answer, just say thank you and move on. If you can't muster that level of common courtesy, just say nothing. pjl123 also has the right to continue to post here as long as they do not violate the TOU.

iPad mini iOS7 twitter annoying notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.