Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can iphone bluetooth set up a new wifi network without resetting aTV?

My Apple TV is typically on an ethernet connection to my home network, and works great. It's been updated to operating system 6.0.

When travelling with the family, we take it with us, and join the wifi where we're staying so the kids can watch movies etc on a TV. I know that I've got to join the local network on an iPhone (we have a 4S and a 5c available) first, and then tap to connect the apple TV to the same network.

I have followed these apple instructions: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5900

The problem is that it won't work without a reset of the apple TV, meaning I have to re-enter all my netflix, home sharing, iCloud and other subscription info. This doesn't save any time/energy (it's unfortunately easier to just apple remote through the wifi set up).

Has anyone had success joining an appleTV to a new wifi network via iPhone bluetooth, but WITHOUT resetting the whole thing (keeping the subscription info intact?)

Thanks in advance.

Apple TV, Other OS

Posted on Oct 20, 2013 7:41 AM

2 replies

Oct 20, 2013 6:08 PM in response to diesel vdub

Thanks, and I agree that I have trouble with hotels as well.

But perhaps I should have been more clear. I'm referring to rental condos, friends, and relatives who will give me the passwords to their networks. I can get the apple TV to work, but am trying to take advantage of the new setup feature in version 6.0. Basically I'm lazy and impatient when travelling, but trying to figure it out ahead of time.

Can iphone bluetooth set up a new wifi network without resetting aTV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.