Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no sound when recording videos with iphone 4s - ios7

Since I have downloaded ios7 to my iphone 4s I am no longer getting any sounds when recording videos. When looking back at past videos I have recorded, they still have sound in the playback. I have tried resetting my phone and reseting it to factory settings. Any recommendations?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 20, 2013 9:32 AM

38 replies

Oct 27, 2013 7:14 AM in response to braden85

Hey Braden,

I saw your reply to the above question. I'm having the same problem. I tried the solutions in the article you posted but my issue is not resolved. My iPhone 4 records voice notes without any problems, makes and receives calls with no sound issues, but does not record sound when recording videos with the camera. This issue has only been present since upgrading to iOS 7.

Do you have any suggestions in addition to the article you posted above? Or should I just call Apple Support.

Thanks!

Jan 2, 2014 1:19 AM in response to Bryan3939

I had the same problem. Then I remembered the last thing I was doing was listening to music with my ear buds. So I went into the setting menu that you get when you swipe from the bottom to the top of the screen (where the torch etc is). The volume was turned right down in there. Once I turned it back up it was recording with sound again.

Jan 6, 2014 3:05 AM in response to Bryan3939

Thanks all for your suggestions, I have tried each and every one.....still have to look at mute videos of my kids during Christmas.

I have updated to the last OS, have turned on/off countless times, fiddled around with the volume sounds and what not as suggested above, checked bluetooth settings, etc... Despairing.

Can someone from Apple please weigh-in here?

no sound when recording videos with iphone 4s - ios7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.