Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change iCloud Apple ID in iPhone

Hi,

I have restored a previous iPhone (4) backup onto a newly purchased iPhone 5c to keep settings/content. The previous iPhone had iCloud enabled. I recently changed my Apple ID due to change of employer - I do not have access to that old email address any longer. How do I change the iCloud Apple ID on the iPhone so that I can enter my new Apple ID into the "iCloud" settings on the iPhone?

I've seen many threads that describe the same problem (e.g. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5319150?answerId=23106464022#23106464022&ac_cid=tw123456%23231064 64) but none of the proposed solutions have worked for me.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

guido

iPhone 5c, iOS 7

Posted on Oct 20, 2013 10:03 AM

18 replies

Oct 20, 2013 12:31 PM in response to guidofromwiesbaden

Resolved by a hint i found in yet another thread:

iOS*08*

If you don't have access to your old email account, on a web browser, go to the Apple ID website, https://appleid.apple.com and sign in your current iCloud/Apple ID then edit it to your old email address then Save the changes (NO NEED to verify the email address becuase it's impossible). DO NOT sign out yet. Go back to your iOS device with that old email address then delete your iCloud account. Once deleted, go back to the Apple ID website and rename it back to your current email address. You just have to verify and you're good to go. No need to touch the other 2 iOS devices with the correct Apple ID.

Thanks!

g

Apr 23, 2014 10:31 PM in response to alisonelaine

Hi alisonelaine,

You need to do the following:

1. Go to Manage your Apple ID and sign in with your current Apple ID. Then EDIT the Apple ID and change it back to the old ID (this is temporary - do NOT verify it, do NOT change the password): Apple - My Apple ID

2. Go to Settings>iCloud and scroll to the bottom. Click on Delete Account, and when prompted, type in your current Apple ID password. Follow the prompts to delete the account

3. Go back to Manage your Apple ID, sign in with the old ID, then EDIT your Apple ID to change it back to the new ID (you may have to verify it)

4. Go back to Settings>iCloud and sign on with the new ID

Cheers,

GB

Jul 3, 2014 8:11 PM in response to guidofromwiesbaden

Dear all,

Today I've no access to previous my email, which was my apple id, as I've left the company. Fortunately, I've successfully reset and created a new apple id (using new personal email address).

However my icloud account still reflects the previous email address. My aim is to synchronise the two IDs to a common one.

I understand in the trailer above (gall from Maine), that I need to delete my icloud account. Unfortunately, I forgot the 'old password" and did a silly step to get the system to get a new password to my previous email account (which I have no access). Now when I tried to delete my old account the prompt comes up for me to input the password. Also tried remove the "find my phone" app but does not allow me to do so, without the passowrd.

Appreciate any help available. Thank you.

How to change iCloud Apple ID in iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.