Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cant text picutes to non-iphones

I can not text picutures to non-Iphone users. I am using ISO 7.0.2 and have already reset the network settings.

Posted on Oct 20, 2013 11:39 AM

2 replies

Oct 23, 2013 7:21 AM in response to Ghollin

Hey Ghollin,

Thanks for the question. I understand you are experiencing issues with MMS Messaging. The following resource may help to resolve your issue:

iOS: Troubleshooting Messages

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2755

If you still can't send or receive MMS messages

1. To send and receive MMS messages on your iPhone, verify that your wireless carrier supports MMS.

2. Ensure that MMS Messaging is turned on in Settings > Messages.

3. Verify that your phone is able to access cellular data.

- Some carriers allow you to edit your APN (Access Point Name), which may prevent MMS from working.

- If you are roaming outside your calling area, make sure you have Data Roaming turned on in Settings > General > Cellular to send or receive MMS content.

- While on a phone call, you will be unable to send or receive MMS messages when using an EDGE, GPRS, or any CDMA cellular data network. After the phone call ends, you will receive any incoming messages. If you tried to send an MMS message, you may need to send it again.

4. If the issue persists and your wireless carrier has confirmed that your wireless account is provisioned2 for MMS, restore the iPhone.

Thanks,

Matt M.

Oct 25, 2013 6:10 AM in response to matt00

My client seems to have the same issue as Ghollin -- it's not that they can't send or receive MMS messages: just that they can't send MMS to non-iPhones, or iPhones not using iMessage.

It's especially problematic because Messages doesn't indicate a problem, and the photos appear to be delivered. But the recipient never receives them.

The phone is an iPhone 4s running 7.0.3, all settings that the troubleshooting recommendations list are correct, and the problem is new with iOS 7.

I cant text picutes to non-iphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.