Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice memos recorded since iOS7 missing when syncing

Hi All,

I regularly use voice memos to record lectures on my iPhone 4 and then transfer to computer for editing.

However, since I installed iOS7, all voice memos recorded since then show up on the phone itself, but not in iTunes (or the DeTune App) when I try to sync to my computer. It seems they're unrecognizable by iTunes.

I've tried rebooting the phone, the computer, etc, but after weeks of looking for a solution haven't found one.

Can anyone help please?

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 20, 2013 11:38 AM

12 replies

Oct 22, 2013 2:01 PM in response to pcdworkman

I too am having this problem. All of my previous voice memos are in my itunes folder as they should be - however after backing up my phone and syncing etc, they still are not on my computer and being over 15mb are not able to be emailed.

There is software you can buy, but I am loathed to buy it since this is something that should be provided free in the iTunes software. I hope this is a bug that they will fix quickly.

Jan 6, 2014 8:35 PM in response to Ocean20

Yes, all the original recordings show up on iTunes, but I when I upgraded from iPhone 4gs to 5s, only some but not all of the voice memos transferred over to the new iPhone. I synced and backed up up the original iPhone and restored from backup to the new iPhone. I'm still not showing all my voice recordings on my 5s. :-(

Feb 5, 2014 2:16 AM in response to hamsta23

I have this same problem, voice memo from Jan 19th was synced ok,

but I did something different today, so they possibly caused it:

1. The recording is over an hour long, I usually record only about 5 minutes
  2. I renamed the title with Edit function

I managed to get all my voice memos off my iPod touch using iFunBox which is a free app.

Download it here: http://www.i-funbox.com/ifunboxmac/

There's also a windows version on the site.

Voice memos recorded since iOS7 missing when syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.