Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I sort by name in iTunes 11.1.1?

When I click the Name column in my iTunes library, it used to sort my ENTIRE music library from A to Z or from Z to A. Now it will alphabetically sort ONLY the 29 songs visible in the column when I'm in the Songs tab. Why? Am I missing something?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 20, 2013 11:30 AM

13 replies

Oct 20, 2013 3:02 PM in response to rebekahfromwy

Hi Rebekah,

normally iTunes does, what you expect it to do.

Let's try, to be a little more precise. How do you know, the other songs aren't sorted?

- are you able to scroll and see the first 29 songs sorted, while the others stay unsorted?

or

- are you unable to scroll, so you only see the first 29 songs, but not the rest of them?

and

- are these 29 songs the same which were visible before sorting?

Greetings, Anakonda

Oct 20, 2013 4:05 PM in response to rebekahfromwy

rebekahfromwy wrote:

If I only had 29 songs, I wouldn't be asking this question! Only the songs visible while I'm in the in the Songs tab get alphabetized.

When you view Songs, you should see all songs in your library.

I am in the Songs tab. Is that what you mean by song view? It is only alphabetizing what I can see,

How are you viewing only 29?

Oct 20, 2013 4:53 PM in response to Anakonda

Anakonda,

Everything gets sorted. I can scroll. They are the same songs that were visible before sorting.

This is what I want: to have the Z's on top. This is what is does: It has A's on the top. When I click Name, it alphabetizes so that the last visible A song is now on the top and the first visible A song is now on the bottom of the visible 29 songs. When I pull the scroll bar down at this point, the last Z song is on the very top of my entire library.

So, in order to view the Z's I have to pull the scroll bar all the way down. Before when I would click Name twice, it would put the Z's on top so that the last Z song was on top of my entire list and the first A song was at the very bottom of my entire list.

Thank you for tryimg to help. I realize it's kind of hard to explain/understand my problem.

How do I sort by name in iTunes 11.1.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.