Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to set up repeating calendar events by day rather than date?

I attend several classic motorcycle shows and car shows locally. Some occur every first Wednesday of the month, some occur on the last Saturday of every month, and some are on the third Thursday of every month. Entering them every month is slow and I would like to see if there's a way of programming repeating events like this by the day of the week. Right now, if I select to repeat, let's say, a bike show that is coming up on Wednesday the 6th, I can't set it to occur every first Wednesday of the month, only on the 6th of every month, but of course, the first Wednesday of every month is not always the 6th of the month. I am hoping the fuzzy logic programming to do this is already here. (fingers crossed)

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 20, 2013 11:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2013 11:55 AM

Found a workaround...in the desktop calendar app you can do this, it just means waiting until you get home to make the event repeat on certain days of a certain week of the month. So for now, I can enter events in the phone as I find out about them when I am out of the house, and when I get home and sync the phone i can then make the event repeat as I want. It's a bit of a pain, but at least it will work. 🙂

UNLESS the event occurs on the FIFTH such day in a month. Calendar only supports custom events for FOUR weeks. 😟

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2013 11:55 AM in response to MarkPBG

Found a workaround...in the desktop calendar app you can do this, it just means waiting until you get home to make the event repeat on certain days of a certain week of the month. So for now, I can enter events in the phone as I find out about them when I am out of the house, and when I get home and sync the phone i can then make the event repeat as I want. It's a bit of a pain, but at least it will work. 🙂

UNLESS the event occurs on the FIFTH such day in a month. Calendar only supports custom events for FOUR weeks. 😟

Is it possible to set up repeating calendar events by day rather than date?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.