Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am using the remote app on my ipad with it plugged into my computer. Home sharing is running. when i click "add an itunes library" it generates a 4 digit code. Where do i enter this?

I am using the remote app on my ipad with it plugged into my computer. Home sharing is running. when i click "add an itunes library" on my ipad it generates a 4 digit code. Where do i enter this?

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 20, 2013 11:44 AM

1 reply

Oct 23, 2013 8:33 AM in response to Chaffed

Hey Chaffed,

Thanks for the question. It sounds like you are setting up Remote app utilizing the instructions for an earlier version of iTunes:

iTunes (9.2.1 or earlier)

1. Open iTunes on your Mac or PC.

2. Connect iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to a Wi-Fi network that is connected to the local network that your Mac or PC is also connected to.

3. Open the Remote app on your mobile device.

4. Select Add an iTunes Library in the Remote settings screen.

5. Remote app will display a 4 digit passcode. In iTunes select the name of your iPhone or iPod touch in the Devices list and enter the passcode.

Remote app will be paired with iTunes and you can begin browsing your library using Remote app and select a piece of content to play.

You may want to make sure iTunes is up to date (as well as the remote app). With iTunes 10 or later, remote app is setup using Home Sharing:

Setting up Remote app

Remote app 2.0 or later uses Home Sharing for setup and control with iTunes 10.0.1 and/or Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation).

iTunes (10.0.1 or later)

1. Open iTunes on your Mac or PC.

2. iTunes 11 or newer: Turn on Home Sharing in iTunes by going to File > Home Sharing> Turn on Home Sharing.

- iTunes 10.7 or older: Turn on Home Sharing in iTunes by going to Advanced > Turn on Home Sharing.

3. Connect iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to a Wi-Fi network that is connected to the local network that your Mac or PC is also connected to.

4. Open the Remote app (software version 2.0 or later) on your mobile device.

5. Turn on Home Sharing in the Remote Settings screen. Make sure to sign into the same Home Sharing account you used to sign in to from iTunes on your computer

About Remote app for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1947

Thanks,

Matt M.

I am using the remote app on my ipad with it plugged into my computer. Home sharing is running. when i click "add an itunes library" it generates a 4 digit code. Where do i enter this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.