Hey there Lorenzo Carunun,
It sounds like you are unable to restore your device with iTunes at all. You did some great troubleshooting to start with. I would recommend the steps in this article named:
iOS: Troubleshooting update and restore issues
- Install the latest version of iTunes.
- Verify that your computer operating system is up to date. If an update requires a restart, check for updates again after restarting.
- On a Mac: In the Apple () menu, choose Software Update. Install all available updates.
- On a Windows PC: Go to the Microsoft Windows Update page.
- Check your security software: Note: Most restore issues are caused by out-of-date or incorrectly configured security software, firewalls, and network router settings or firmware.
- Isolate the issue to third-party software.
- Update security software.
- Properly configure your security software.
- Temporarily disable or uninstall your security software.
- Temporarily remove any unnecessary USB devices, leaving only your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, the USB cable that came with your device, and a keyboard and mouse, if necessary.
- Restart your computer and try again.
Note: To perform some of these steps, you need to be logged in to the computer as an administrator. If you are not sure if you have administrator access, contact the owner of the computer or the system administrator.
You may have done a step or 2 already, so feel free to skip those steps you have done.
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
All the best,
The following will work for you to recover lost data of iPhone stuck in recovery mode.
Solution 1 : Turn off your device , then turn back on and everything should be fine.
Solution 2 : Plug your device into a PC or a MAC then iTunes should detect your device is in recovery mode and release you from recovery mode.
ITUNES will automatically pick it up and a pop up box will probally say that your IPHONE is in recovery mode would you like to restore?
3. Click the restore tab.
Note - If ITUNES if out of date, this will not work.
Note - Do not do this over WIFI
Note - Do not interrupt the restore
Note - If you did not make a previous back up, your IPHONE will restore back to the factroy settings.
Solution 3 : RESTORE, your iPod
Solution 4: Press and hold the power button for 5 secs , press and hold the home button and release the power button. Now press the power button and the home button for 10 secs.
I'm having exactly the same problem. Was working fine on Thursday night, then at some point in the evening connectivity went to Searching as described in the original post.
Completely lost carrier, showed as connected to 3g then 4g then LTE....
Was advised to restore - restore failed.
Was advised to update computer.... updated to latest OS
Restore still failing....