Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need a new battery?

Hello, I've had my iPod touch 4g since April, but over the summer, it keeps on crashing. Sometimes, it'll the white screen, other times, it'll just go back to the apple logo and then turn on again. Often, there is a completely red, green, or blue screen. I have not been treating my iPod with much care - I mean, I've never dropped it but I've been using it while charging and forgetting to turn it off a lot..to. Does this mean that I need a new battery? I don't live anywhere near an apple store.

Posted on Oct 20, 2013 2:06 PM

4 replies

Oct 20, 2013 2:17 PM in response to Gallifryan

I do not think it is a battery problem.

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Oct 22, 2013 7:14 PM in response to Gallifryan

Apple will exchange your iPod for a refurbished one for with a new battery for $79. They do not fix yours.

Apple - iPod Repair price

You can exchange at an APple store or sent it to Apple.

iPod troubleshooting basics and service FAQ

A third-party place like the following will replace the battery for less. Google for more and likely find a small place near your. A computer show may be able to do it. Just Google..

iPhone Repair, Service & Parts: iPod Touch, iPad, MacBook Pro Screens

Replace the battery yourself if you are up to it. You can purchase a reoplacment battery for about $10

iPod Touch Repair – iFixit

Do I need a new battery?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.