Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Viber connection problem when using 3G

Dear all ,

i am using an iPhone 4S on the recent iOS and ee network. My phone cannot connect to viber when using 3G but no problem with wifi . I contacted ee , there was not an issue with blocking the viber traffic and reinstalled the ap three times but no luck. Please help me .

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 20, 2013 3:00 PM

9 replies

Oct 23, 2013 9:20 AM in response to Jadogar

Hey there Jadogar,

It sounds like your Viber app is not working as expected over cellular data. I would recommend the troubleshooting from the article named:

iOS: Troubleshooting apps purchased from the App Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1702

1. Update your device software

Update your device to the latest version of iOS.

2. Check for app updates

You can setup apps to update automatically in Settings > iTunes & App Store, but make sure that your apps are up to date:

1. Open the App Store and tap Updates. If updates are available, tap Update All.
  2. If prompted, enter your iTunes Store account information. App Store will then download and install the app updates.

Note: Some apps may require a Wi-Fi connection to update.

3. Install another app from the App Store

If none of your user-installed apps will launch, there could be an issue with Apple ID authorization. Download and install an app that isn't already installed on your device to reset this information. You can also remove an app from your iOS device and download it again from the App Store or sync the app from your computer.Note: If you have installed apps using multiple Apple ID accounts, you may need to perform this step for each account.

4. Restart the app

If the issue affects only a single app, try closing just that app.

5. Restart your device

Turn the device off and on.

6. Reinstall the affected app

Remove the app from your device and reinstall it:

1. Tap and hold any app icon on the Home Screen until the icons start to wiggle and show a small "x" in the top-right corner of the app.
  2. Tap the "x" in the corner of the app you want to delete.
  3. Tap Delete to remove the app and all of its data from your device.
  4. Press the Home button.
  5. Go to the App Store.
  6. Search for the app and then download it again.

Note: If it is a paid app, ensure you are using the iTunes account you purchased the app with originally. If it is not, you may be asked to purchase the app again. Learn more about downloading previously purchased items.

7. If the issue is still unresolved, contact the developer

If you continue to experience the issue, contact the developer of the app for further assistance:

1. Find the app in the App Store.
  2. Open the app's page, tap Reviews, and then App Support.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Sterling

Feb 25, 2014 8:01 AM in response to sterling r

Have exact same problem iphone 4s, all apps work fine except viber over 3G, (works fine on wifi). With T-mobile, rang them up to ask if they block VOip and said no, its open. So therefore problem lies with either Viber or IOS 7.0.4. And yes ive done all the practical resets and unistalling but same problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Viber connection problem when using 3G

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.