Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Under Settings>>Cellular "use cellular data for" apps are missing from Iphone 4

After updating to IOS 7, my wife's iPhone 4 under the "use cellular data for" only has Passbook and System Services. My son's iphone 4 and my iPhone 4s DO HAVE this option avl. and show all our Apps.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 20, 2013 2:54 PM

13 replies

Oct 20, 2013 3:34 PM in response to sberman

Thanks, but No Restrictions.

One other note is that prior to the IOS 7.02 update being installed the phone had its Cellular Data turned OFF. This was due to some app using up almost of my wife's data ...in one morning! Which we still don't know what it was.

Due to other issues w/texting we went ahead and paid $20 for another 3GB of data for the rest of this month to turn it back on.

Thanks

Oct 20, 2013 4:28 PM in response to sberman

sberman wrote:

Try resetting her iPhone. Hold the on/off and home buttons together for about 10 seconds till the Apple logo appears. No data or settings will be lost. Maybe that will turn the apps listing back on, assuming the Cellular Data is set to "On" during this process.

Yeah...tried that too...no luck. Thinking of trying a Restore, but she'll lose all her Text messages (I believe). Really need to just be able to reinstall IOS 7 but don't see that as an option anyway.

Thanks,

TD

Nov 7, 2013 6:40 AM in response to wtdash

I believe I found the problem, not sure if this is a bug or if it is supposed to work this way. I wanted to turn off Cellular data for YouTube and Netflix for the kids (for obvious reason on Verizon with no unlimited plan) and found those apps missing, and others, from the Settings... Cellular menu. Tried a lot of things like alternating Airplane mode, reboot, and even a full backup then restore. What worked was:

1. Turn off WiFi.

2. Briefly use the app you want to disable for Cellular data.

3. Stop the app.

4. Go to Settings... Cellular. You should find the app with its switch there.

Mitch

Under Settings>>Cellular "use cellular data for" apps are missing from Iphone 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.